Tuesday 9 April 2013

The Race! Day Two

Day Two of the MdS 2013

News from the field...

Day 2, 18 miles, 10kg pack, 40 degrees.  Well, if yesterday was an introduction to the desert, today was an introduction to extreme! I can confidently say that I have never experienced a harder 18 miles in my life. There were numerous Did Not Finish-ers, flares going off and tears from the field in general.  I really had to dig deep today as the temperature entered the 40's, 3 huge mountains and I ran out of water. Unfortunately I started the day dehydrated so have had headaches, nose bleeds, dizzyness amd sickness. On the positive though, I made it through with no injuries or blisters and I'm in good spirits (apparently one of the most cheerful too). I received emails from home last night and reread them when it got tough, they really helped me through, so thank you to everyone. One of my tent mates isn't back yet and it's now dark so going to try and find out what's happened...

No comments:

Post a Comment